Saturday, December 11, 2010

SEXLESS IN THE CITY TO AVOID HIV / AIDS IN THE PH

OMG! As I was doing my usual search engine optimization readings, I typed the keyword "HIV High Risk Countries" and voila.... right after the Wikipedia.... 9th ranked on the first page is this ---> PH (Philippines) now among ‘high-risk’ countries for AIDS!

A few hours later, I got to thinking about sex, life and relationships in the Philippines. Has our way of living nowadays all about sex for the pursuit of fun? Have we grown up yet have forgotten to learn to be cautious? Has SEX become the best Filipino dish more than the adobo????  When does sex stop being fun and start being scary? It is happening now...




This is really alarming... 5 Filipinos a day are at risk of contracting HIV???!!! My take on what is happening now is that majority of HIV infections are acquired through unprotected sexual relations. Complacency about HIV plays a key role in HIV risk.  Sexual intercourse is the major mode of HIV transmission. Keep that in mind!


So, as a concerned Filipino and as individuals especially living in Metro Manila, what do we do about it the most? Here are two (2) things I have in mind...


1. PROTECT YOURSELF or BE SEXLESS IN THE CITY
If you are single and sexually active, always wear a condom! Choose your sexual partner(s)...better with the ones that have been tested. If you're not ready to take the responsibility for your own health, be sexless in the city abstain from sex. If you're married, I think it's high time to quit cheating around and having multiple sexual relations.

2. GET TESTED
Click on this link LIST OF ACCREDITED HIV TESTING LABORATORIES IN THE PHILIPPINES and go to the nearest testing center nearest your area. Remember, this is really now alarming!




As for me, I'm opting to remain sexless in the city till someone I can truly trust, comes my way and I'll remain loyal to him for as long as he does with me. In the first place, sex shouldn't be just sex. It should involve that higher emotion we tend to forget nowadays when it comes to coupling and I'm referring to LOVE! Making love is wonderful... getting HIV / AIDS is not!

Please don't hate if I'm spoiling your fun... I love sex but I love myself more! This is my opinion because that's what I truly believe in. Help fight HIV / AIDS spreading in the Philippines! Take charge of yourself! Don't abdicate your responsibility for your own sexual health... do all you can to protect yourself from HIV / AIDS.