Saturday, November 27, 2010

IT IS DEFINITELY GOOD TO CRY

When life becomes too harsh or too good enough to make me cry, I succumb... I whimper and I cry hard. 


I would shed my tears all out... knowing that if I cry my heart out, I'll be better the next days... shedding tears make me tougher and stronger because after each and every cry, I feel cleansed... like my heart and mind consoled each other to feel better.  William Shakespeare once said, "To weep is to make less the depth of grief." and I truly believe it does.

Is crying good for us? Here are some of the 5 reasons why I believe, people should cry once in awhile...
  • Crying is cathartic... It's purifying and a very good therapeutic technique to release emotions and stress we endure.
  • Crying build relationships... When we cry with friends around, the bond becomes stronger. I myself am astounded by the resounding support of my friends and the level of intimacy exchanged among us. Crying simply forms communication and connection... bringing us closer to people in our lives.
  • Crying cleanses our eyes... tears lubricate our eyeballs and eyelids which helps our eyes avoid dehydration. When our eyes our not lubricated well enough, we can't see things clearly, right?
  • Crying manages stress...It relieves us of tension, reduces blood pressure and removes chemicals that are built up in our bodies due to stress like endorphins, prolactin and many more.
  • Crying helps kill bacteria... Say goodbye to wet wipes! Our tears contain lysozyme! Tears can kill 90 - 95% of bacteria in just a few minutes! 
Crying is not a negative thing as other people perceive it to be because it has a lot of benefits in awaiting for us. Some people control themselves from crying thinking that they can be tough, look tough in the eyes of others but no... it just adds up worries. Suppressing a cry is bad. 


Shedding a tear or two relieves us from worries, stress, etc. It is just normal for us to cry and crying is not being weak. Not only does it make us feel we co-exist with others, it just simply proves we are human.