Saturday, December 11, 2010

LAIDBACK LUKE'S GREATNESS ISN'T BORN... IT'S GROWN!

Laidback Luke a.k.a. Luke van Scheppingen... Dutch Producer and ranking #17 Best Dj in the World for 2010 has indeed grown to his greatness.



I kept track of this guy even before I heard of Dj Tiesto. I have been a fan of Netherlands' brightest house music talent not because I knew from my colleagues in the industry that he is Filipino (born in Manila, Philippines) like me but because of his being a prolific dj... which made him evolve into one of the biggest stars in the global dance music scene!


My friends and I found ourselves confronting a massive super crowd of house music party animals upon entry alone not to mention the huge dance floor at Republiq Club, Resorts World Manila last night just to get closer to Laidback Luke. By some high power vested upon me (thanks to Philippines' dance events major honcho, Domini Primero), I made it past the huge crowd to the VIP area. See my 1 minute video of the venue and of Laidback Luke...



The VIP sideline usually does not make me happy because I love to dance and so, I went right in front of the maestro... the dj who has the golden hand in blending face-slapping and uncompromising house music beats that kept Republiq moving! See my two minutes video of him hereunder...



Madness!!! As I enjoyed his set till the end, I kept praying for some miracle that Laidback Luke would take off the cool shirt with "MADNESS" written on it and throw it right in front of me! LOL!!! Hey, I'm a girl... and he's cute!!! Props to Laidback Luke for wearing the coolest shirts in all of his gigs worldwide!


Laidback Luke is indeed born with the amazing talent. As he danced with his music and smiled at me a couple of times to make me move more, it simply foretells that this guy knows that greatness isn't born.... it's grown!

 
Thanks to you, Luke... I'm in dire need of a good massage right now from all the dancing I did because you made it such a great night! Fly high, Pinoy! Cheers and good vibes!




www.drivenmanila.com