Friday, September 28, 2012

3 HOT SHOPPING TIPS BEFORE GOING TO THE OFF PRICE SHOW

I was so excited about the open day sale of The Off Price Show that I went to the venue at about 11am today. There weren't many people yet at that time but of course, Friday is still a working day. Even though I was already drooling over nice stuff I could by for myself and my family, I decided to wait for my co-bloggers before I shopped.




Waiting for them took me 2 hours that was consumed on having a yummy Spaghetti Alla Bolognese and refreshing Iced Tea at Cibo (located at the food center of The Off Price Show) followed by coffee.



In that short amount of time, the event venue is crowded with bargain hunters like me and the line got long. Noticing that it went longer in just a few minutes, I called my co-blogger Daizy to bring the maid so we can leave the maid queued for us on the growing long line for payments.



It was a very smart decision so we had so much fun shopping for anything that we needed to buy for our families and for ourselves. Fitting on clothes  was most fun!




It's the biggest bargain sale in Manila so people shouldn't complain about the long lines for payment. Normally, if there is anyone who would freak out on long lines, complain about it and walk out, it would be me because I'm a very impatient person with hypertension... but hey, with less than Php5,000 I was able to gather on great deals for myself and my family so how can I possibly leave them? Patience is not my virtue but with the prices of the stuff I gathered, it was all worth it!


Shopping at The Off Price Show is very much like the Black Sales in the U.S. which means, If you want to buy things at great discounts, long queues to the cashier is the price to pay. So here are my hot tips for everyone else who wants to go to the massive shopping event tomorrow and Sunday:

1. Arrive at The Off Price Show well before it is scheduled to open!
Shopping time is from 10am - 10pm. You will still have to wait in line but it will not be half as long if you get there later in the day.

2. Bring a jacket or 2 or come in with warm clothing!
Even though it's a large crowd of bargain hunters there, believe it or not, it feels like you're inside a refrigerator! Kudos to the World Trade Center Tent management... the air-conditioning system is very good!

3. Bring a companion with you!
This is where girlfriends / boyfriends / spouse / maids are best to be with. One can go stand in line for you while you shop and take turns with them. The amount of time standing in line at The Off Price Show will then be cut in half.

I think I did my show and tell fairly well and so I'll leave you the best phrase to mention when it comes to everything we do in life is... "The early bird, catches the worm!"