Monday, August 8, 2011

REX NAVARRETE AT RESORTS WORLD MANILA 8.24.11


OMG! I can't help not blogging about this! He's going to be back! Fil-Am comedian Rex Navarrete comes back to Metro Manila on August 24, 2011 for an all new act at the Newport Performing Arts Theater (NPAT) of Resorts World Manila!



Saw a flyer of this on Facebook and I panicked... calling Ticketworld for ticket reservations minutes ago! Ticketworld told me tickets are selling like crazy! This funny man got tons of Pinoy fans all over the world way back Friendster days ha ha ha!  

I met Rex Naverrete personally at a posh exclusive Gentleman's Club in Ortigas in the early 2000's (I think that was 2001 or 2002 if my memory serves me right) and boy! I was starstruck as I sat on a table beside him. I tried not to show I am great fan of his in the beginning but when we were properly introduced I couldn't hold myself back, I told him (almost shrieking) "Rex, mag-pa-pakatotoo na ako... I'm your fan! Ha ha!" That night was really enjoyable as I had a real good conversation with him... well... i was actually listening to him more tee hee... he's a real entertainer in person. I remember him telling me funny stories about his first time in the US and seeing snow, his childhood experiences, etc. He's really funny even off-stage! On stage when I watched his show days later... Omg! I was laughing non-stop!

Rex Navarrete became well-known in the social media platforms when he unleashed on the internet his "SBC Packers" stint and the famous animated "Maritess vs. the Superfriends"... The story of a Filipina domestic helper working for the most powerful beings in the world! See video below:




Here's some info about the upcoming act... "Rex @ Resorts World Manila" is scheduled on August 24, 2011, 8:00pm at the Newport Performing Arts Theater (NPAT). Mike Unson and Noel Gascon are also slated to warm up the crowd as opening acts and a splendid time is guaranteed for all. 


The event is presented by Catalyst Revolution.



Tickets start at Php 750 (Balcony), Php 1,750 (Deluxe), Php 2,5000 (Premier Center), Php 3,500 (Premier) and Php 5,000 (VIP). Tickets are available at Ticketworld locations and at www.ticketworld.com.ph



Oh boy! I can't wait to laugh again until my sides hurt!