Wednesday, August 10, 2011

MY HEAVENLY PURCHASES AT LEGASPI SUNDAY MARKET

There are two things that I always make sure of purchasing at the Legaspi Sunday Market (aside from my fave lechon (roast pork) and fresh vegetables) every Sunday. I go for juice and pure essential / aroma therapy oils.

Medicinal value: it consists of anti-flatulent, diuretic, anti-hypertension that help to reduce toxins in the body

Nutritional value: it is rich of vitamin A, calcium and phosphorus that keep eyes, bone and teeth healthy.

Working for more than 5 days in a week and sitting in front of the internet for about 14 hours a day can sometimes bring me joint and back pains on weekend. To combat this, is drinking lemongrass juice.

Aside from the lemongrass juice, I always go to this couple in the photo:

They sell pure essential aromatherapy oils to soothe my mood, diffuse lingering odor from smoking at home and help me create an infectious free zone of air at home to protect myself and my visitors. Breathing air diffused with essential oils attacks any virus or bacteria lining the respiratory tract which may have been inhaled outside my infectious free zone. It just helps keep the infection being spread at home.

I especially like the Calamansi essential oil they make aside from these 2 new oils that the couple sells:

Oil from the green tea plant has been in use for many centuries as a source of healing body oils. Green tea body oils are one of the best healing oils that can help to reduce aches and rejuvenates the particular parts of the body. Many commercial green tea oil manufacturers produce this oil in bottled form to be used when for personal rejuvenation and also by professional masseurs.

Besides that, green tea oil is also a good perfume. This oil is normally used as home fragrance oil, where its high quality yields a crisp and fresh scent that is perfect for any room as well as for everyday use. This type of oil is usually slightly more expensive than the normal aromatherapy oils, because they are very rare in the market and production cost is pretty high.

Tea is the "miraculous medicine for the maintenance of health" and "the elixir that creates the mountain-dwelling immortals" as per the 12th century Zen priest Eisai. In fact this was very true to its nature, as tea is one of the best natural healing products with all sorts of medicinal powers ranging from fat burning to anti-oxidizing free radicals.

The vintage English lavender fragrance of this oil fills your home with stylish relaxation. The wonderfully calming aroma is just perfect for relaxing and entertaining.
I bought this last week.. used it in my bedroom and oh my! My bedroom smells just as good and as calming once you enter a spa.. and i always feel like not leaving the bed at all! I love this and I'm so buying once again this weekend!

If you are in the Philippines and you happen to be in Makati City on a Sunday morning, it is best that you check the Legaspi Sunday Market and look for lemongrass juice and the great oils!