Monday, August 22, 2011

A Glimpse of Boracay's Future by Megaworld Global-Estate Inc.

It is for me an outrage! Plans are underway for the future of Boracay Island as seen on Megaworld Global-Estate Inc.'  Facebook Page! The Philippines' best tourist destination will soon be mutilated to pave way for the  Boracay NewCoast Village!  So please, I beg you NOT TO LIKE their page!



If that opening salvo has not gotten your attention, here are some photos of Boracay's future...


















Boracay Island... which includes our music, food, rhythm, dance and essentially our warm and captivating personality as Filipino people is as central as the sun, sea and sand to our tourism... a fact that separates us from the rest of the world.

There are so many people from all over including us Filipinos who would love to be able to talk, walk, run, dance and generally have a simple lifestyle at the vacation spot we all love. However, it is just sad that not most of us fully appreciate and understand the value of what treasures we have in our country.

Although I understand that our beautiful islands in the Philippines like Boracay adapts to modernization over the years, I can't seem to accept that one day soon, it will be flooded with vehicles, more modern structures, etc. like what Megaworld Global-Estate Inc. plans...





I can't help not think about conservation. Conservation means protecting something from change or destruction while permitting its wise use. It thus involves managing our use of natural resources so that we can benefit from them now without damaging the possible benefits they can provide in the future. On islands, conservation of nature is protecting the little forests, animals, birds, plants, fishes and marine life that are bound to be further extinct when new developments come. Conservation of species is so important for Filipinos... so that they will always be there for our future generations to use and enjoy.



I am really concerned with this particular development. It is possible that Megaworld Global-Estate Inc.'s plans for the "future of Boracay" may overlook some long-term costs associated with it... such as a land-clearing project that damages a water supply, or new establishments that may further pollute parts of the island and kills fish used by local fishermen.



This leads me to ask... would the short-term benefit of some people from this development be more worth than the long-term loss of the water supply or fishery as well the total destruction of Boracay's remaining simplicity and charm?



I must visit Boracay soon to see for one last time the remaining glory of what it was when I was a kid for I simply refuse to book a flight in future from anywhere just to see Bonificio High Street, Eastwood Libis, Burgos Circle The Fort in the once beautiful and precious Boracay Island.

I call this entire project of Megaworld Global-Estate Inc... as the RAPE OF BORACAY ISLAND!

Sorry... this is my opinion, my blog spot and I say what I want... My words will live forever!

Photo Credits of the beautiful Boracay from David's Travelogue