Sunday, December 26, 2010

HAPPINESS ON SIMPLEST OF THINGS

I can't help not thinking about how beautiful it was when we were so innocent. Looking at this photo of baby Nicole (my friend Heck's cute bundle of joy), I long to go back to childhood days when life was simple and carefree, when we were so full of energy and happiness and when negative thoughts were so few.


I miss it when I could get away with practically anything when I was a kid. I see it now on my own little boy who could make everything right with a kiss and a simple apology. I miss bedtime stories daddy used to tell me every night... like his war fights that never really existed. His tales of mystic, fantasy, epic stories were my eye-openers back then. I miss it when mommy used to sing me lullabies. My parents did a great job on me... I do it all as much as I can with my own.


I remember I liked playing house with friends and pretend we were grown ups.... so innocent and naive. Tiny pecks, hugs and kissing wasn't even weird at all. My friends and I would run around playing and fighting imaginary monsters and even talk about mushy stuff like love and marriage. Oh! We were so easily entertained and easily distracted.


We had earliest pains... i remember crying because someone close to us hurt our feelings but that in a few minutes later, we'd be laughing and hugging that same person who made us cry. I remember making my earliest best friend cry because we were pitted against each other on a tennis match... an earliest test in life that this is a rat race... someone's gotta be on top. No matter how we hurt friends back then, forgiving was just too easy to get by saying sorry. It was amazing.






Many of us have been blessed with good families and fond memories. Some of us have never really grew up and some of us wish we hadn't. I, at times of depression, I wish I hadn't but I just to recall these times fondly... trying to see things the simple way a child does now that I'm an adult... wishing we could be more humble and forgiving.


I learned from my childhood. I learned that we can be happy with the simplest of things.

Thank you, Heck...for your letting me post your beautiful shots of your 'lil one...