Monday, December 5, 2011

WHAT'S GOING ON: BEST VIDEO RESPONSE TO JONAH MOWRY

There were millions of people like me who were touched by young Jonah Mowry's gut-wrenching revelation via a youtube video. Perez Hilton is one of the big names in the celebrity blogging world who made sure that the world heard the boy's cry. I also did my fair share of showing him my love and support... doing mine in writing as per my previous blog, "What's Going On: Jonah Mowry's Cry For Help".

As an SEO, my works kept me online and during my relaxed moments, I draft blogs and I have been watching out for people's comments via social media platforms and people's video responses via youtube eversince it has become totally viral. Many touched my heart as well for their overwhelming love and support for Jonah Mowry but I have already seen the most genuine response... the one that gave me a big smile on my face at the end... a video response from Jonathon Grant.



Jonathon Grant's smile is infectious! For me, his video response is the most genuine of all that I have watched and seen so far... using index cards and his chosen background music... Boyce Avenue doing the cover of Pink's "F**kin Perfect" song! This is... actually for me, the best and the most apt song for a video response to Jonah Mowry...



Made a wrong turn, once or twice
Dug my way out, blood and fire
Bad decisions, that's all right
Welcome to my silly life 






Mistreated, misplaced, miss understood
Miss "no way it's all good"
It didn't slow me down
Mistaken, always second guessing
Underestimated, look, I'm still around... 



Pretty, pretty please...
Don't you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than
Less than perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing
You are perfect to me





You're so mean, when you talk

About yourself, you are wrong

Change the voices, in your head

Make them like you instead



So complicated
Look how big you'll make it
Filled with so much hatred
Such a tired game



It's enough
I've done all I can think of
Chased down all my demons
I see you do the same





Pretty, pretty please...
Don't you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than
Less than perfect





Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing
You are perfect to me

To fully understand and appreciate what I feel, please take some time to watch Jonathon Grant's video...



It does feel good to have an adult survivor of bullying bring a smile to young Jonah Mowry, right? Absolutely the best! 


Kudos to Jonathon Grant... you are also one heck of an inspiring person! :-) 


Update: Jonathon Grant is currently pursuing a TV and film career. Check out the "About" page in his website.