Thursday, August 29, 2013

TWERK, JANET NAPOLES, TWERK!

A lot memes have come out recently in the Philippines on businesswoman Janet "Jenny" Lim Napoles, owing to her involvement in the Priority Development Assistant Fund Scam (PDAF) or more known to Filipinos as Pork Barrel Scam. Amid furor and with the country having suffered recently and still recovering from massive flooding, Filipinos managed to smile and find humor on memes being shared in the social media.

I have come up with my own upon knowing 8 hours ago that Janet Napoles has surrendered in Malacanang Palace a full day after the President, Benigno Aquino III declared a 10 Million Pesos bounty for her arrest. Sure, I am one of those Filipinos who are angry. Who wouldn't? If you have lived in the Philippines all your life like me, you just gotta love every single senate hearing! It is like a telenovela unfolding before your very eyes! Like we all say, "It's More Fun in the Philippines".... a country where the Filipino lawmakers and politicians are practically the best actors in the world! Angry as I am, I thought of coming up with a new meme following Miley Cyrus' most talked-about performance the other night on MTV's Video Music Awards. I just had to make Janet (fondly called the "pork barrel queen") do the "Twerk"... the now trending raunchy bum wiggling dance performed by Miley.


Tee hee... I even had to dress the pig...er... Janet's character with her daughter's favorite watch, Hublot and posted this on my Facebook for everyone to see. I never thought it would be the first meme of a Philippine pig doing the twerk, thanks to my friend Marvin for noticing it. But why twerk? Because I have watched some crazy Filipino political figures over the past decades dance their way out of scandals! So 8 hours after Janet Napoles surrendered after a nationwide manhunt for her, I excited to watch her twerk her way out of this pork barrel scam. She's an interesting character... equally entertaining like Miley!

Twerk, Janet....Twerk!!!