Sunday, May 22, 2011

ALL ABOUT CINDERELLA MERZ

I was hanging out with the management team of Monaco Models International at a coffee shop in Greenbelt when I saw a very beautiful girl joining our group. As she was making "besos" to everyone and got introduced to me, I thought to myself, "Wow! This girl is sure to get big commercials."


HMUA: Khrys Soriano using Mac


Cinderella Merz... a Filipina-German from Bad Hersfeld Germany came to the Philippines recently and joined the roster of Monaco Models'. Cinderella Merz or Cindy as she is fondly called by everyone is really beautiful. She reminds me of Teri Lynn Hatcher or Teri Hatcher, the now-46 years old Hollywood actress who became one of the world's biggest crushes when she came out on the 90's ABC-drama series "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman".


HMUA: Khrys Soriano using Mac


Khrys Soriano using Mac


She does look like Teri! The big resemblance is there and at first I thought she could be the daughter LOL! Anyways, I got to know more of Cindy who, at that time, is about to do her first commercial for a beauty product. Her mom is Ilongga... and she totally understands the dialect Ilonggo saying that her mom would speak the tongue whenever she is angry. Cindy speaks fluent English, German and Tagalog. 


Make-Up by Jheng


In straight Tagalog, Cindy told me she was going to do support role for a big Filipina celebrity's commercial. I said, "Yeah, you start with the support roles but it won't be long that people from the advertising world and perhaps the showbiz industry would notice you." With that, she just smiled shyly and said "Thank you".... giving me the impression that she is a very nice girl with a good breeding.


HMUA: Khrys Soriano using Mac


Khrys Soriano using Mac
I then invited Cindy for an out-of-town fun shoot by my photography team, EyeQMedia so that we can build up her own portfolio. She gladly said, "game" as I got the approval of her managers. 


The schedule for the fun shoot was set months later but I never forgot Cindy. How can one possibly forget a beautiful face like hers in the first place?! And so we went to Anilao Beach Club, Batangas, Philippines for the build up of her portfolio along with Khrys Soriano, Monaco Models' own Hair and Make-Up Artist. 


It was there that I found out that Cindy did the Maxi-Peel Exfoliant Soap commercial with actress Marian Rivera and I got to see the TV ad below: 



Out of curiosity (because I use Maxi-Peel too), I asked Cindy if she uses the Maxi-Peel soap itself and she said, "Yes of course! I have been using it every night as part of my cleansing regimen. It doesn't have a greasy feel... really! I think it's best for Pinay skin... not because I'm part of the commercial. I really do use and patronize the product."


Her short stint for a support role in the Maxi-Peel Exfoliant Soap 2011 commercial is simple and nice but for me, the role is just too short that it didn't get to show her real beauty. Oh well... it's not her time yet! I know that she will land as a lead in big commercials someday soon as she is a girl with a great attitude about life. 


HMUA: Khrys Soriano using Mac




Just like in the fairy tale Cinderella, it's a struggle at first but she will soon get own chance to shine and be appreciated for her beauty and personality.      


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big thanks to Cromwell Torio, Vincent Garrucho, Garth Dennis Melchor and Mark Longos. 
For more of Cindy's images, visit Garth's Photostream and Mark's Photostream. Thank you to Bernard Anacta, Edda Galoy, Khrys Soriano of Monaco Models International and most of all... to Cindy. All the best for you, dear!